Ministry to Singles
Our church is one of several in the area who help sponsor this inter-denominational ministry. Unmarried people often feel marginalized, as if they are incomplete or worth less than a married person. That is not the case though - single people of all ages are valuable, beautiful members of the body of Christ who have much to give and who desire fellowship and spiritual growth as much as anyone else. We support this ministry in its Mission, Vision and Objectives listed below. If you want to find out more or get involved, check out their website.
To help Christian single adults grow in their spiritual, social, and personal lives and to minister to the needs of all singles. The model for the Singles Ministry is to empower a group of like-minded individuals so that they can develop as vibrant singles and foster relationships between singles.
We are a ministry focused on the unique life situations of singles. Our mission is to provide a group that fosters individual wholeness through a relationship with God, openness with each other, and outreach to the community. Our goal is to empower singles to help them grow both in Christ and personally, learn to deal with life's downsides, break any negative behaviors and patterns that prevent whole and healthy living, and to learn how to live the best lives as singles that they can. We will glorify God in all we do.
- To establish and promote an information resource/sharing network of like-minded singles.
- To provide a social link for singles to gather in fellowship.
- To enjoy activities that help singles to better understand being a single Christian, and to join with others in social settings that meet their needs.
- To help single adults become integrated into the church ministry and family, help members of the church family see single adults as family members and provide a forum to address the struggles that single Christians experience inside and outside the church.
- To encourage all single adults to discover God's purpose for their life as whole individuals through their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To empower single adults by providing opportunities for them to serve God.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. - Matthew 6:33